EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, NAZARETH GUILD
The Nazareth Guild empowers and serves Catholic K-12 schools in the Diocese of Spokane towards their continued efforts to achieve excellence and self-sustainability by providing tuition assistance to students with financial needs, grants for special school programs and improvements, and ongoing organizational support. Serving the community since 2011, the Nazareth Guild raises and distributes funds that serve as an ongoing financial resource to schools and families.
The Executive Director (ED) is primarily responsible for raising money to support the NG via direct mail, events, Major gifts cultivation, planned giving, grant writing, and other fundraising activities. Additionally, the ED is responsible for managing and executing organizational administration, and programs of the Nazareth Guild. The ED works with the board to provide strategic direction while partnering with the Catholic schools’ office, schools and principals, and donors.
FUNDRAISING, MARKETING, AND DEVELOPMENT
- Focus on building relationships and partnerships with donors and community leaders
- Lead the development and implementation of core fundraising strategies
- Collaborate with staff and board to implement both annual and long-term fundraising strategies including managing the annual gala
- Drive marketing communications for the organization
- Participate in key events throughout the diocese (i.e., school auctions, Catholic organization fundraisers, educational seminars around the state, etc.)
OPERATIONAL AND FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT
- Develop and manage the annual budget in collaboration with the accounting team ensuring financial viability and alignment with projected organizational growth
- Manage and when necessary develop programs in alignment with the strategic goals of the board
- Determine and orchestrate the distribution of grants in collaboration with the board and staff
- Ensure legal compliance
- Manage and build a successful team to meet strategic goals
- Drive board recruitment and training – working closely with the board chair
- Keep the board informed of key successes and challenges and provides support materials for effective board decision-making
- Work with board committees to drive success for the organization
The Executive Director must have proven leadership skills and a commitment and passion for Catholic education. The ideal candidate will have a strategic vision and the ability to build relationships with a dynamic and committed community of stakeholders.
Specific skills include:
- Strong preference for someone with 8 years in a leadership role with a minimum of 5 leading fundraising or sales success
- Experience managing a small staff executing fundraising and operational goals of the organization
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience in building relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple tasks and budgeting time and resources appropriately
- Entrepreneurial driven
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience developing and overseeing a complex budget
- Ability to lead meetings and speak in front of large audiences
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position is $75,000 to $125,000 based on fundraising and leadership experience. Nazareth Guild offers a robust benefits package including health insurance and paid time off.
For more information, or to submit your resume and cover letter, contact Hank Worden firstname.lastname@example.org